Top-Your-Own Breakfast Taco | ChopChop
The recipe is from the "For Kids by Kids" menu, available at Hyatt Hotels, where having breakfast is fun, tasty, and healthy. If you have an adult helper handy, these tacos would make a great breakfast in bed to celebrate that special someone on Mother's Day or Father's Day (hint, hint). Chef Troy Knapp makes it here with his family, adding fruit kabobs and milk, to make it a perfectly rounded (MyPlate) breakfast.
Clean dish towel
Small bowl or mug
5 small bowls (for toppings)
- Put the skillet on the stove, turn the heat to low, and add 2 tortillas, on top of the other. After 1 minute, flip them and leave them for another minute (you'll end up heating 1 side of each tortilla). Repeat with the other 2 tortillas. Turn the heat off, wrap the tortillas in the clean dish towel, and set them aside.
- Crack the eggs into the small bowl or mug, and use the fork to beat the mixture well until the yolks and whites are blended and pale yellow.
- Turn the heat under the skillet to medium and add the oil. After a minute, pour in the eggs.
- Drag the spatula across the bottom of the pan to move the cooked egg aside so that the uncooked egg runs underneath, closer to the heat (the egg on the bottom, closest to the heat, will cook first). Keep pulling the cooked egg aside until the mixture is firm and cooked.
- Divide the eggs among the tortillas and serve with the small bowls of toppings.
"Diced" means cut up into cubes or squares about the size of dice.