Banana Applesauce with Almonds | ChopChop
Applesauce is a great lunchbox treat. So are bananas, for that matter, but if your house is like many others, you don’t eat all the bananas in the bunch and end up with some that are past their prime (which means too old for eating). The addition of bananas and almonds make this raw applesauce creamy and nutty.
Food processor (adult needed)
Sharp knife (adult needed)
1. Put the almonds and apples in the bowl of the food processor fitted with a steel blade and process until the pieces are as small as they will get, almost the size of grains of rice.
2. Add the bananas and cinnamon and process until smooth.
3. Using the spatula, scoop into the lidded container.
4. Serve right away, or cover and refrigerate up to 3 days.
When you’re finished blending, mix in one or more of these by hand:
- ¼ cup raisins, dried currants, or chopped dried apricots
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract