Beans and Greens | ChopChop
When you first chop up these ingredients, they’ll look like a mountain of greens. Don’t worry! They cook down to about ¼ of their starting size.
Hands-on time: 25 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
Makes: 4 Servings
Colander or strainer
1 teaspoonolive oil
1 teaspoonwhite vinegar
1 canwhite cannellini beans
1⁄4 cupcold water
- Open the beans with a can opener. Put the beans in the colander and rinse under cold water and set aside.
- With the help of your adult, place the skillet over medium heat.
- When it is hot, with the help of your adult, carefully add the oil.
- Add the garlic and cook until just golden, about 1 minute.
- Add the kale, stir, cover and cook 7 minutes.
- Add the vinegar, beans and water, and cook until warmed throughout, about 2–3 minutes.
- Serve plain or as a topping for cooked pasta.