Big Bird’s Seed Crackers | ChopChop
We adapted this recipe from the book Let’s Cook (Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, 2015) by our friends over at Sesame Street. The crackers are so good! Super-seedy (that’s why Big Bird likes them so much) and super-tasty, and surprisingly easy. The only hard part is waiting for them to finish baking after you turn the oven off. Don’t peek!
Sharp knife (adult needed)
2 baking sheets
- Turn the oven on and set it to 350 degrees.
- Put the flour, salt, and garlic or onion powder (if you’re using it) in the bowl and mix well. Add the water, oil, chopped seeds, and sesame seeds and mix well.
- Shape heaping teaspoons of dough into balls and place them 2 inches apart on the baking sheet (you don’t need to grease it first). Using the heel of your hand and your fingers, press down on the balls to make flat circles (they don’t need to be perfect). Use all the dough: you will fit about 20 crackers on each sheet.
- Put the pans in the oven and bake 20 minutes.
- Turn the heat off and leave the crackers in the oven until crisp, about 1 hour.