Cheese Quesadilla | ChopChop
Quesadillas are quick, easily adaptable and, above all, completely delicious. A quesadilla is like a Mexican grilled cheese sandwich, but instead of using slices of bread, it uses corn or flour tortillas with melted cheese in the middle. This recipe is for a basic cheese quesadilla, but try some of our filling suggestions for even more flavor!
Sharp knife (adult needed)
- Put 1 tortilla on the plate and sprinkle 1/4 cup grated cheese on one side of the tortilla. Try not to get the cheese too close to the edge.
- Put the skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
- Put the tortilla on the hot skillet cheese side up and cook until the bottom is lightly browned and the cheese is gooey, about 2 minutes. Using the spatula, fold one half of the tortilla over the other half, to make a moon shape. Cook another 30 seconds. Return to the plate.
- Repeat with the remaining tortilla.
- Cut both tortillas into wedges.
Want to pack more protein and vegetables into your quesadilla? Here are some fillings to make them even more delicious:
- ¼ cup cooked or canned black beans
- ¼ cup fresh or frozen corn kernels
- ¼ cup fresh spinach leaves
- ¼ cup cooked or canned kidney beans
- 1 scrambled egg (for a breakfast quesadilla)
- 2 tablespoons tomato salsa