Cold Cucumber and Avocado Soup | ChopChop
Gazpacho is the famous cold soup from Spain that’s usually made with tomatoes. But you can make all kinds of cold soups! This one is creamy-dreamy from the avocado and yogurt, with just a little kick from the scallions and (if you use it) the hot sauce.
Sharp knife (adult needed)
Blender (adult needed)
- Put all the ingredients in the blender.
- Put the top on tightly. Turn the blender to a medium setting and blend until the mixture is as chunky or smooth as you like (a few big pulses for chunky, or about 1 minute for smooth). Taste the soup. Does it need more lime juice or a pinch of salt? If so, add it and taste again.
- Serve right away or, if you can wait, chill the soup, covered, for 30 minutes or up to 1 day.
Try garnishing the soup with one or more of the following:
- Kernels of fresh or frozen corn
- Finely diced cucumber or avocado
- Diced mango
- Chopped fresh cilantro, parsley or mint leaves, or chives
- Slivered scallion greens
- Toasted green pumpkin seeds (also called “pepitas”) (To toast raw seeds, shake them in a small, dry pan over medium heat until golden, 2 to 3 minutes.)
- A drizzle of olive oil