Cranberry Orange Walnut Bread | ChopChop
This festive loaf makes a perfect gift for a teacher or neighbor, or just the right take-along for a potluck. Wrap it in a brand-new dish towel, in clear cellophane and ribbon, or in butcher paper with white string. It will be delicious no matter what.
2 8- x 4-inch metal or glass loaf pans
Large mixing bowl
Small mixing bowl
Electric mixer (if you have one)
Wash your hands with soap and water, then gather all your kitchen gear and ingredients and put them on a clean counter.
- Turn the oven on and set it to 350 degrees. Spray the loaf pans with cooking spray (or grease them with oil).
- Put the flours, sugar, baking powder, ginger, cinnamon, and salt in the large bowl and use the whisk to mix it well.
- Put the butter or oil and orange zest in the small bowl and use the mixer or a spoon to combine until well blended. Add the eggs and yogurt and mix well.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until just moistened, then scrape down the sides of the bowl and gently stir in the cranberries and walnuts.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pans. Put the pans in the oven and bake until a toothpick, when you stick it into the loaf, comes out clean with no batter on it, about 45 minutes.
- Set the loaves aside to cool in the pans for 5 minutes, then turn the loaves out onto the cooling rack and let them cool completely. Leave at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Sweet and simple:
Parchment paper and string make an elegant wrapping.