Crunchy Rosemary-Lemon Chickpeas | ChopChop
Be patient. The chickpeas need a long time in the oven to get really crunchy, which is what you want. Eat them as a snack, pack them in your lunchbox, or use them on a salad instead of croutons.
Colander or strainer
Rimmed baking sheet
Zester or grater
Pot holders or oven mitts
- Turn the oven on and set it to 400 degrees.
- Put a double layer of paper towels on the countertop and add the chickpeas. Roll them around to dry them.
- Put the chickpeas and oil on the baking sheet and shake the pan to roll the chickpeas around and coat them with the oil.
- Put the baking sheet in the oven. Bake until the chickpeas are crunchy and golden brown, 40–50 minutes, stirring halfway through to make sure they cook evenly.
- Remove the chickpeas from the oven. While they’re still hot, carefully sprinkle on the rosemary, lemon zest, and salt and mix well. Eat them right away or store them in a covered container for up to 1 day.
Leave out the rosemary and lemon (but keep the garlic powder!) and try seasoning the chickpeas with one of the following:
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce and ½ teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- Grated zest of 1 lime and 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon chili powder