Diff' Burgers | ChopChop
For something delicious, try turkey, pork or lamb.
Hands-on time: 20 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
Makes: 4 Servings
1 poundground turkey, pork, or lamb
1⁄2 teaspoonkosher salt
1⁄4 teaspoonblack pepper
4hamburger rolls, sliced in half and toasted, if you want
4thin red onion slices
- With the help of your adult, put the raw meat on the cutting board and divide into 4 balls of equal size.
- Gently press down each ball to form a patty about 3/4-1 inch thick.
- Using your thumb, make a half-inch dent about the size of a quarter in the middle of each side. (Handle the patties as little as possible, and wash hands after touching raw meat.)
- Sprinkle both sides of the patties with salt (and pepper if you like).
- With the help of your adult, put a skillet on the stove and turn the heat to high. Wait two minutes for the pan to heat up, and then add the patties to the dry pan.
- Cook until crusty brown on the outside, about 5 minutes, and then, with the help of your adult, flip the patties and cook until crusty brown on the other side-and heated throughout-another 5 minutes.
- Put the bottom half of each roll on a big plate, and top each with a burger. Top each burger with a tomato slice, onion slice and a lettuce leaf. Add ketchup, mustard or other condiments, cheeses, or vegetables. Then cover with the tops of the rolls.