Green Pineapple Smoothie | ChopChop
You’ll see the kale—which your body will love—but what you’ll taste is pineapple and banana. Want it even frostier? Add a couple of ice cubes to the blender.
Sharp knife (adult needed)
Blender (adult needed)
- Put all the ingredients in the blender.
- Put the top on tightly. Turn the blender to a medium setting and blend until the mixture is smooth, about 1 minute. (Add up to 1 cup cold water if the mixture is too thick to blend.)
- Serve right away or cover and refrigerate up to 1 hour.
Save the kale stems for a pot of soup! Or chop them up and cook them in a pan with a bit of olive oil, a splash of water, and a chopped garlic clove. When they’re tender, they’ll make a tasty side dish.
To help make smoothies colder and thicker, it’s great to have slices of frozen banana ready to go. It’s easy:
- Peel overripe bananas.
- Use a butter knife to slice them into thin rounds.
- Put the slices in a resealable plastic bag, label the bag with the number of bananas it contains, and freeze until needed.