Mixed-Berry Crisp | ChopChop
Depending on where you live, berries may or may not be growing at this time of year. Use fresh, if they are still in season, or use frozen, if you like, and squeeze a little more sunshine out of the summer. Don’t thaw them before baking.
Sharp knife (adult needed)
8 x 8-inch baking pan
- Turn the oven on and set it to 350 degrees.
- Make the crisp: Put the flour, oats, walnuts, and salt in the bowl and mix well.
- Slowly drizzle in the olive oil and maple syrup, mixing with a fork as you go. Mix until crumbly.
- Make the filling: Put the berries and remaining 1 tablespoon of flour in the pan and mix well. Top with the crisp mixture.
- Put the pan in the oven and bake until you can see the berries bubbling and the crisp is lightly browned, 25–30 minutes. Serve hot, warm, at room temperature, or cold.