Mixed-Up Eggs and Spinach | ChopChop
Here’s a nice green breakfast that combines spinach, one of our favorite dark green vegetables, with the long-acting energy you get from eggs. Did we mention that it’s delicious, too? Try it wrapped in our Whole-Wheat Flatbread for a meal you can take on the go.
Sharp knife (adult needed)
- Crack the eggs into the bowl and use the fork to beat the mixture well until the yolks and whites are blended and pale yellow.
- Add the spinach, scallions, and salt and mix well. (The mixture will look very spinachy and not very eggy.)
- Put the skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium. When the skillet is hot (flick some water on it: the drops should dance and sizzle), add the oil.
- Add the egg mixture and let it cook for 1–2 minutes. Start carefully flipping portions of the eggs, so that you do not fully scramble the eggs but rather gently toss them.
- When fully cooked (no more runny-looking egg), divide the eggs between the 2 plates. Serve right away.
Make it Indian: add 1 teaspoon curry powder to the egg mixture and sprinkle the finished dish with 2 tablespoons toasted almonds and 2 tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut.