Mollie Katzen's Carrot Pickles | ChopChop
Ultralight and refreshing -- and ridiculously easy -- these pickles not only keep well, but actually get better and better over time. Serve your pickles with any salad, sandwich, or main dish. Or just open the jar and snack.
Containers with lids
- Put the water, 2 tablespoons vinegar, honey, salt, and mustard seeds in a medium-sized saucepan and with the help of your adult, carefully put it on the stove. Turn the heat to high and cook until it boils.
- Add the carrots, garlic, and dill, and lower the heat to a simmer. Cook uncovered until the carrots are tender but not soft, about 20 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and cool the mixture to room tempeature, about an hour.
- Add the remaining 2 tablespoons vinegar and another sprig or two of dill, if you like.
- Transfer everything to a container, screw the top on tightly, and refrigerate.
Mollie Katzen is a famous cookbook writer who likes to cook veggies of all shapes, sizes and types. She's best known for her Moosewood Cookbook.