Panzanella (Bread Salad) | ChopChop
Gnaw hear this! Dried bread adds a lot of bite to a late-summer salad.
Hands-on time: 20 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
Makes: 4 Servings
2ripe tomatoes, washed, cored and chopped
1bell pepper, washed, cored and diced (dicing a food means cutting it up in pieces about the size of dice)
1large cucumber, washed or peeled and diced
1⁄4small red onion, chopped
2 tablespoonsred wine vinegar
2 tablespoonsolive oil
2to 4 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves, rinsed with cold water
1 clovegarlic, minced
1⁄2 teaspoondried oregano
2 cupsday-old bread, cut into big cubes
- With the help of your adult, turn on the oven and set it to 200 degrees.
- Put everything, except the bread, in a large bowl and toss well.
- When the oven is hot, with the help of your adult, put the bread on a baking sheet and put it in the oven.
- Bake until the bread is lightly toasted, about 10 minutes, and then, with the help of your adult, set it aside to cool.
- Add the bread to the bowl with the vegetables and toss well. Serve right away or cover and refrigerate for up to 2 hours