Peanutty Sesame Noodles | ChopChop
Peanut butter with noodles? This Asian-inspired dish combines two favorites for a great summer meal. If you can't eat peanut butter, try almond butter instead.
Spatula or spoon
- Put the cooked pasta into the mixing bowl.
- With the help of your adult, put the skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
- After 1 minute, carefully add the canola or vegetable oil (the pan is hot and the oil might splatter). Add the sesame seeds- they will look like they're wiggling.
- With the spoon, stir the sesame seeds in the oil until they are just beginning to turn brown.
- With the help of your adult, turn the heat off and remove the pan from the stove. Put the hot pan on a heat-safe surface. Add the garlic and ginger and stir until it turns golden brown.
- Add the sesame oil, soy sauce and water and mix well.
- Add the peanut butter and hot chili sauce and mix well.
- Pour the ingredients in the pan over the pasta and stir it with the spoon until the pasta is completely covered with the peanut sauce.
- Sprinkle the scallions on top of the pasta and serve right away or cover and refrigerate up to 2 days.