Roasted Coconut Granola | ChopChop
Granola is a toasty, oaty combination we love to serve with either milk or yogurt.
Sharp knife (adult needed)
Spoon, for mixing
Rimmed baking sheet
- Turn the oven on and heat it to 300 degrees.
- Put the oats, walnuts, coconut, pumpkin seeds, and salt in the bowl and mix well.
- Drizzle in the oil and maple syrup and mix well.
- Put the mixture on the baking sheet and spread evenly.
- Once the oven temperature has reached 300 degrees, carefully put the baking sheet in the oven and bake the granola until it is golden, 25–30 minutes.
- Set aside to cool. When the granola has cooled completely, add the raisins and mix well. Store in a sealed container for up to 2 weeks.
• Instead of vegetable or olive oil, try coconut oil
• Instead of raisins, use currants, or chopped dried apricots or dates
• Instead of walnuts, use pecans or almonds
• Instead of pumpkin seeds, use sunflower seeds.
If you can’t find unsweetened coconut, use sweetened coconut and use 2 tablespoons maple syrup instead of 3.