Salad Nicoise | ChopChop
This is a traditional French complete-meal salad, but it's not crazy-fancy! Canned tuna, beans, vegetables, and eggs are basic ingredients that you might have on hand already. We're showing you the tradtional method of "composing" the salad on a platter instead of tossing it in a bowl. That way everyone can take a little bit of what they like. (P.S. Don't be afraid of the anchovy in the dressing! It's really good)
Fork or whisk
Sharp knife (adult needed)
- To drain the tuna: Set the colander in the sink, then use the can opener* to open each can and carefully empty them into the colander. Using the fork, press down on the tuna to squeeze the liquid out. Allow it to drain away.
- Arrange the lettuce on the platter and sprinkle the basil over it.
- Put the tuna, whit ebeans, tomatoes, green beans, olives, and eggs in separate pules on top of the greens.
- To make the dressing: Put the olive oil, vinegar, garlic, mustard, and anchovy in the small bowl and whisk well with a fork.*
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad and serve right away.