Tropical Smoothie | ChopChop
A whole orange goes into this refreshing drink, making it nice and thick.
Hands-on time: 10 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes
Makes: 2 Servings
1⁄2 cupoverripe banana slices
1 tablespoonalmond or peanut butter
1⁄2 cupfresh, frozen or canned pineapple chunks
1orange (sectioned *)
3⁄4 cupsplain low-fat yogurt
1 tablespoonshredded unsweetened coconut
- Put the banana, almond butter (if no one is allergic to nuts), pineapple and orange in the blender. Put the top on tightly.
- Turn the blender to medium and blend until the mixture is smooth.
- Turn the machine off, and add the ice cubes, yogurt and coconut.
- Put the top on tightly, turn the blender to medium and blend until the ice is chopped and the mixture is smooth but still pulpy.
- Serve right away, or keep covered and refrigerate up to 4 hours.
* Sectioned means pulled apart after you peel it.