White House Warm Baked Apples with Dried Cherries and Raisins | ChopChop
The best way to present the First Lady's lovely holiday treat is to arrive at your host's with the apples uncooked. The apples can cook during dinner so you can serve them warm for dessert.
6-cup muffin pan
Melon baller or spoon
- With the help of your adult, turn the oven on and set it to 375 degrees.
- Using a pastry brush or your clean hands, lightly coat the muffin tins with oil to prevent the apples from sticking to the tins.
- Remove the core of the apples by using a melon baller or a spoon.
- Lightly prick around the tops of the apples with a fork (this prevents the apples from splitting).
- Put the apples in the muffin tins and then fill each apple with 1 teaspoon orange juice concentrate, 1 tablespoon dried fruit, and 1 teaspoon honey.
- With the help of your adult, put the muffin tin in the oven and bake until the apples are soft, about 30 minutes. Serve warm.
Crowd pleaser! This gift makes a hot hit at any holiday party.