Whole-Wheat Flatbread | ChopChop
You can make your own bread! This is a good one to start with because it’s pretty quick and easy and there’s no yeast in it.
Hands-on time: 30 minutes
Total time: 1 hour, 30 minutes
Makes: 6 Flatbreads
1 cupplus 2 tablespoons whole-wheat flour
1 1⁄2 teaspoonbaking powder
1⁄2 teaspoonkosher salt
3⁄4 cupsplain Greek yogurt
2 tablespoonsolive oil
- Put the flour, baking powder, salt, and yogurt in the bowl and mix well with the wooden spoon.
- Use your clean hands to knead the dough, folding it in on itself and pressing it with the heels of your hands, until it’s smooth, 1–2 minutes. (If the dough is wet or sticky, add more flour, 1 tablespoon at a time.)
- Divide the dough into 6 balls and put them in the bowl. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap, and refrigerate at least 1 hour and up to overnight.
- Put the balls on the cutting board and flatten them as thin as you can (about 1⁄8 -inch thick) with the palm of your hand. Don’t worry if they’re not perfectly round.
- Put the skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium. When the skillet is hot (flick some water on it: the drops should dance and sizzle), add 1 tablespoon oil. Add 3 of the dough discs and cook until golden, about 2 minutes per side. Put the cooked discs on a plate, and repeat with the remaining 1 tablespoon oil and 3 discs. Serve warm or at room temperature.