Your-Way Deviled Eggs | ChopChop
Take your time making these, especially if you’re serving them at a party, so that they come out looking neat and pretty. (Or, make them as messy as you like—they’ll still taste great.)
Sharp knife (adult needed) Small bowl
1. Cut the eggs in half lengthwise. Remove the yolks (they’ll pop out if you push the white underneath them) and put the yolks in the bowl.
2. Add the yogurt, mustard, seasoning, and salt and mash with the fork until coarse or creamy, whichever you prefer. Taste the filling: it should be a little over-seasoned, since it’s going to flavor the bland whites. Does it need a pinch of salt or more seasoning? If so, add it and taste again.
3. Put the whites on a plate. Use one spoon to refill each egg half with the yolk mixture and the other to scrape the filling off the first spoon. Sprinkle the filled egg with paprika or scallions, if you like.
What Do You like?
Favorite seasonings might include one or more of the following:
- Dried herbs, especially tarragon or dill
- Fresh herbs, such as tarragon, dill, or chives
- Spices, such as curry powder or paprika
- Finely chopped pickles, capers, or scallions
- Something spicy, such as hot sauce or horseradish