Zippy Sliders | ChopChop
Of course you can just shape these into four burgers, if you’re feeding your family dinner! But lots of little sliders are fun for a party. We like to serve each slider in a lettuce leaf, but if buns are more your thing, feel free to use those instead.
Measuring spoons Cutting board
Sharp knife (adult needed)
Grater or zester
Large skillet (not nonstick)
- Put all the ingredients (except the lime and lettuce) in the mixing bowl and, using your clean hands, gently mix until everything is evenly incorporated.
- Put the raw mixture on the cutting board and divide into 10 to 12 balls of equal size. (Wet your hands first to keep the mixture from sticking to them.)
- Gently press down on each ball to form a patty about 3⁄4 to 1 inch thick.
- Using your thumb, make a small indentation about the size of a dime in the middle of each side. Make sure you handle the patties as little as possible; do not work more than necessary.
- Put the skillet on the stove and turn the heat to high. Once the skillet is hot but not smoking, add the patties to the dry skillet.
- Cook until the patties are crusty brown on the outside, about 5 minutes, and then flip the patties and cook until crusty brown on the other side, about 5 minutes.
- Garnish with the lime wedges. Serve right away, with the lettuce leaves for wrapping.